Our friend N. took the IELTS test in Vietnam and remembered the following questions:
Section 1. About national parks.
Section 2. A map description of a fitness centre and information about the use of fitness machines.
Section 3. Books about insects.
Section 4. A lecturer talked about a website that should help students with their project.
Passage 1. How the structures of houses around the world affect the environment.
Passage 2, 3. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a map showing the changes of a park from 1986 to its current shape in 2015.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Why?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Where do you live now?
– Is there anything you do not like about that place?
– Have you ever spent a lot of money on something?
– Do you like to wear jeans?
– Do people like to wear jeans nowadays? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a day in the near future that would be the best day of your life. Please say
– what would happen on the day
– where this would happen
– how this would make you feel
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think people celebrate things differently now, compared to the past?
– Why do people spend a lot of money on celebrations?