When N took the IELTS test in Vietnam, he was asked the following questions in Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your department has been overloaded with work resulting in many problems. Write a letter to the manager and say
– What are the issues?
– Why did it happen?
– Suggest a possible solution.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that not all criminals should be kept in prison. Some criminals should do unpaid work to help other people in the community. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What is the best thing about your work?
– What is your idea of a perfect job?
– Will you continue with the current job?
– What kind of food do you like?
– Do you cook at home?
– Do you eat fruit?
– How often you go shopping?
– Why do people buy jewellery?
Talk about your favourite clothes. Please say
– What do they look like?
– When and where did you buy them?
– How often do you wear them?
– Why do people buy clothes from online shops?
– What kind of clothes do men and women usually wear on a daily basis?
– Why do people wear jewellery?
– Why do people keep jewellery for a long time?
– What kind of jewellery do you wear now?