IELTS test takers T and L shared the following exam update after their tests in Vietnam and Indonesia:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the percentage of people in various age groups who visited cinema once a month or more in the UK between 1984 and 2003.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people work in other countries these days. They also take their families with them. Give your opinion about the situation. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Are you living in a house or an apartment?
– Can you describe your house?
– Which room do you like the most?
– Do you usually watch TV?
– What is your favourite program?
– Do you watch it often?
– Do you find that it benefits you?
– What toys did you play with as a child?
– Which toy was important to you?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a foreign country that you find interesting. Please say
– What country is it?
– How did you know about it?
– Why do you like it?
Cue Card 2
Describe a famous person in your country. Please say
– Who is this person?
– Why is she/he famous?
– Why is she/he became important to your country?
– Why do people like to travel to other countries?
– What do people like to do when travelling abroad?
– Does tourism bring benefits to the city or the country?
– Does tourism have any disadvantages?
– Do you think Hanoi attracts many people?
– Would you like Hanoi to have more or less tourists?