IELTS tests in the US and India were identical, so we are told by our friends U and D, who remembered the following details:
Section 1. A conversation between a real estate agent and a lady looking to buy a single family home.
Section 2. A commentary on local farmer’s produce and sales.
Section 3. Patent attorney giving speech on patents and related careers information, laws, etc.
Section 4. A conversation between 2 students about water hyacinth – its impact on environment, control methods in use and the process.
Passage 1. Advertisements A to G.
Questions: Q1 – Q9.
Passage 2. London’s transportation system and it’s outreach to public.
Questions: Q10 – Q14.
Passage 3. Workplace safety.
Questions: Q15 – Q20.
Passage 4. Traveling related reimbursement rules and regulations.
Questions Q21 – Q27.
Passage 5. Australian bird that is endangered, nesting process, hatching, scientific experiment on some rabbits virus and it’s impact on birds.
Questions: Q28 – Q40.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a friend who is visiting in your country the first time. Tell them the best time of year to come, what places they could visit and invite them to meet your family.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Discuss the issue of media publicity affecting people’s personal lives. Some people think publicity is essential, others think there should be means of controlling publication of private information. What is your opinion?
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– What do you do – study or work? Do you enjoy it?
– Is being on time important to you?
– Do you wear a watch? Why is it important?
Talk about a book that you read when you were a child, please say
– who gave it to you,
– what the name of the book was,
– what you liked about it.
– Why is reading so important?
– At what age should parents start reading to their children? Why?
– Do you think government should have free public libraries?
– Do you know your neighbors?
– How often do you talk?
– Do you like your neighbors? Why?
– How should neighbors help each other?
– How neighbors annoy each other?