Our friend A from the USA shared the topics and questions from his recent IELTS test:
Section 1. A conversation about rubbish collection (what should go in which bin) between a lady and a man who recently moved to the area.
Section 2. A radio broadcast about fruits available and which are healthier and better for nutrition.
Section 3. A talk between a student and a teacher about writing a dissertation / bibliography; and so on.
Section 4. A lecture about chimpanzees, the way scientists studied their behavior (by studying videos about them), and how these animals behave and communicate.
Passage 1. Otters.
Passage 2. A bridge problem in the United Kingdom. In 2000, Pad Dawdler (a bridge engineer) dealt with the vibrations and the movement of the bridge from side to side.
Passage 3. A man who traded towels has been trying to sell them to hotels and conducted a research into how to improve sales.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given several pie charts about the population changes in age structure of a European country. We were required to show what is presented in these pie charts and compare the values.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that children should do organized activities in their free time while others believe that children should be free to choose what they want to do in their free time. Do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Do you study or work?
– Is there anyone else in your family with the same name as yours?
– Does your name have a meaning?
– What is it?
– What do you prefer: winter or summer?
– What are the temperatures of the each of four seasons in your country?
– Do you think your country is now hotter than before? Why?
– Do you like to play sports or watch sports on TV?
– Who is your hero player in your country?
Describe a sporting event that you saw either in person at the stadium or on TV, please say:
– What was the event?
– When was it?
– How was it?
– What changes will happen in sports in the future, in your opinion?
– Do you think TV stations will make any changes in broadcasting of different sports in the future?