Our friend H took the IELTS test in the USA and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a company manager with whom you arranged a delivery of goods and say
– Inform him/her what items you have purchased that were supposed to be delivered.
– What issues did you face with the delivery service?
– Suggest what can be done about the matter.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people are convinced that mature age employees are beneficial to a company. Others think that younger employees contribute more and hence are more beneficial to a company. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy your work?
– Will you continue doing it in the foreseeable future?
– Do you like sunny, warm weather?
– Why don’t you like sunny weather?
– What do you do when it is sunny?
– Where would you like to settle in the future?
– Do you like advertisements or pop-ups while browsing the internet? Why?
– What kind of advertisements do you prefer?
– Do you like serious or humorous ones?
– Why do you like them?
– What is your opinion about advertisements on buildings?
– Do they have any drawbacks or negative impacts?
Talk about sports that you like to watch on TV. Please say
– What sports do you like to watch?
– Why do you like to watch these particular sports?
– Who do you usually watch the sports with?
– Do you think there is a difference between watching sports live or on TV?
– What is the main difference, in your opinion?
– Do you think commercialisation of sports is necessary?
– What are its pros and cons?
– How can schools promote sports among children?
– Some people think sports are a waste of time. What is your opinion about this section of society?
– Do you think it is justified that athletes are paid very high salaries?
– Why is it so?