The following topics showed up in the recent IELTS exam in the USA, reports our friend M:
Section 1. A family from the Netherlands was booking a vacation and making hotel reservations with their Canadian in-laws.
Sections 2, 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About farming in South Africa.
Passage 2. Collection of Fossils.
Passage 3. Company employees’ innovation.
Passage 4. A behavioral research study of Chimpanzees.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing salaries in four job categories: metro train driver, police officer, firefighter and nurse in the UK in 2001.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Do the advantages of private means of transportation such as cars and motorbikes outweigh the disadvantages, compared to public transport (trains, buses and taxis)? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID, please?
– Where are you from?
– Do you like to dance?
– How did you learn to dance?
– What kind of dances are popular in your country?
– What do you like more: being a student or your job?
– What are the things you do not like at your job?
– Is this kind of jobs popular among your friends?
– What are the benefits of the Internet?
– How did you learn to use the Internet?
– How often do you use it?
– What are the things that you don’t like about the Internet?
Talk about a vehicle that you would like to have in the future. Please say
– What car would it be?
– Where would you drive it?
– How can you get it?
– What do you think about vehicles or transportation these days?
– Are you satisfied with vehicles as they are at present?
– What are the benefits of vehicles?
– Do you think it is the government’s responsibility to pay for people’s transportation?
– Are you for or against new infrastructure development?
– How do you convince people to choose public transportation over cars?
– How can the public transportation be improved?