V took the IELTS exam in the USA recently and remembered the following questions:
Section 1. A phone conversation about hosting a charity event at home.
Section 2. A tour guide gave a talk on National Parks in Australia.
Section 3. A conversation between a student and a tutor about some topic.
Section 4. A lecture about autopilot technology.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a newspaper editor about the poor condition of a historical building in your area and say
– What building are you writing about?
– Describe the current condition of the building.
– What should be done in this situation?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
These days it is very common to have people from two different generations mix in the same workplace. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this situation? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your job?
– What do you do at work?
– Do you find it interesting? Why?
– Do you want to make any changes at your work place?
– Do you like cooking?
– How often do you cook?
– When was the last time you cooked?
Talk about an instance when you have borrowed something. Please say
– What was the item?
– Who did you borrow it from?
– What did you do with it?
– How often do you borrow things?
– How do you feel when someone borrows an item from you?
– What do you do if the person does not want to return it?
– What happens if a person does not return that item as expected?