A test taker from the USA (thank you V!) shared the Writing and Speaking questions of his recent IELTS exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
There is a public event coming up in your town. Write a letter to your friend who you think would be interested to take part in it. In your letter
– Describe the event.
– Say why you think he/she would be interested.
– Suggest an arrangement to meet there with him/her.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many students prefer to take part-time rather than full-time courses. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this method for the students?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do ?
– What do you do around the house?
– Did you do any household work as a child?
– Did you find it difficult? Why?
– Do you think children should help around the house?
– Describe a situation when you were late. Please say
– What was the occasion?
– What was your reason for being late?
– How did you feel after that?
– What happens when somebody comes late to the office ?
– How do you manage your time on a daily basis?
– How do you think technology can help in time management?
– Do people actually benefit from using this technology?
– What do you usually do after coming home from work?
– What time do you usually wake up in the morning?
– Would you say your sleeping time varies?
– How does workload affect people’s lives?
– How are relationships affected by it?