J took the IELTS exam in the USA recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently started commuting to work by bicycle and discovered that there is a problem with bicycle parking near the building where you work. Write a letter to the building manager and say
– Explain the reason for using a bicycle to commute.
– What problems have you encountered with parking?
– What are your recommendations to solve them?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many parents (mostly women) decide to stay home and take care of the family members instead of going out for work. Some people suggest that they should be paid by the government for doing that. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live currently?
– How far away is it from here?
– Do you use apps often on your phone or computer?
– What kind of apps do you use?
– What are some popular apps in your country?
– Would you like to create your own app?
– What kind of outdoor activities do you like?
– What outdoor activities do you like to do with other people?
– What outdoor activity did you do as a child?
Describe a city or country you would like to visit one day. Please say
– What and where is it?
– What would you do there?
– Who would you go there with?
– When do plan to go there?
– What is more important for you, the job or its location?
– What aspects are important for a work place to be nice?
– What are government’s responsibilities in those areas?
– Is it possible to know if people who live in certain areas are happy?