IELTS test in the USA was shared by M (thanks a lot!) and here are the topics and questions she remembered:
Section 1. A person wants to find a job at the university; some information should be filled, name, address, telephone,and previous occupations.
Section 2. About a factory that manufactures cars and its past and present locations.
Section 3. Somebody talking about learning Japanese.
Section 4. The effect of computer games on learning; comparing different theories.
Passage 1. A text about Boobies (a kind of bird).
Passage 2. About Charles Babbage.
Passage 3. About the cinema industry.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
We had a chart with percentage of land covered with forest in seven different countries, the task was to write a report comparing them.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
News is playing a vital role in our life today and people are getting much influenced by the news now. Is this a positive/negative development?
– Are you a student?
– Where do you study?
– Why have you chosen this university?
– Can you remember your first day at your university? How was it?
– Do you think it was a good day?
– Do you think it is important for a first day at a university to be a good day?
– What type of sound do you like most?
– What type of sound reminds you of your childhood?
Talks about a famous person from abroad whom you want to meet, please say:
– What is his/her name?
– Why/how is he/she famous?
– Why do you want to meet this person?
– Do you think famous persons can influence general public? How?
– Do you think there can be any negative influence?
– Do you think a country needs internationally famous persons to represent the whole nation?