Our friend K shared the following topics from a recent IELTS exam in the UK:
Section 1. About a Bed & Breakfast and the facilities available there.
Section 2. Map showing directions to different hotels.
Section 3. A list of book recommendations including the title, author, publication date and specific comments.
Section 4. A research into graduate students and their employment after studies.
Passage 1. Reasons for Happiness.
Passage 2. How our mind calculate numbers.
Passage 3. History of the Middle Ages in Britain.
Writing task 1 (a report)
A table showing data on cinemas in different locations (city centre, near city centre, suburbs, countryside) from 2004 to 2008 in the UK.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Group and team activities are more important than the actives done alone, because they teach us important life skills. Do agree or disagree?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Which room is your favorite?
– What makes a home pleasant?
– Did you spend most of your childhood with your friends or your relatives?
– Which relative visits you mostly?
– Do you like to draw pictures?
– Does drawing pictures help people?
Talk about a place of natural beauty that you would like to visit. Please say
– What and where is it?
– How can you get there?
– Where did you hear about it?
– Why do you like it?
– Is tourism damaging places of natural beauty?
– How can natural beauty be brought to the city areas?
– Should the exploitation of natural resources be stopped?
– Does getting close to nature help to be happy?