Below are the writing and speaking topics that our friend C remembered from his IELTS exam in London, UK.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart comparing children of three different age groups (1-3 years old, 4-9 years old and 9-13 years old) by their bed time activities. The activities given were reading, watching TV, brushing teeth, and eating.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Lectures were the traditional way to teach large numbers of students in the past. Now new technology is being used to teach students. Is this a positive or a negative development?
– What do you do, studying or working?
– Do you like your present job?
– Would you like to continue in the present job?
Describe one of your days off, please say
– Where would you go?
– With whom would you spend the day?
– What activities would you do?
– Please explain why you like a day off.
– Do you think people need a day off?
– Do you like to spend a day off with friends or family?
– Who is more important in life, friends or family?
– Do you prefer just one long holiday or many days off?
– Do you think money is important in life?
– Which is more important in your life, money or the relationship with family / friends?
– Do you think nowadays people are working more hours than before?
– What should be more important for people: earning money or building relationships within their family?
– Do men and women have different ways of spending leisure time?