Our friend O recently took IELTS in the UK and remembered the following topics and questions from the exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your colleague found another job and invited you to his/her farewell party. Unfortunately you are unable to attend it. Write a letter to him/her and say
– Why can’t you attend the party?
– Why did you enjoy working with him/her?
– Offer him/her to meet some other time.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many people choose ready made food and refuse to cook at home. Why do you think it happens? What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a choice?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Can you describe your work?
– What do you enjoy about your work?
– Are you a patient person?
– Do you think patience is important? Why?
– Are you a more patient person now compared to the past?
Describe a situation when someone lost an item and you found it. Please say
– What was it?
– How did you find it?
– What did you do about it?
– How did you feel about it later?
– Do you consider archaeology an important science? Why?
– What would be the items associated with our generation? Why?
– Should artifacts be kept in the museums of the country they belong to?
– Why do you think so?
– What do you think about people that like to collect different items?
– Why do they do it, in your opinion?
– Do you collect anything? Why?
– How can people collect items?
– Where can they find interesting things for their collection?