Our friend E has shared the information below about his IELTS exam in the UK. E didn’t recall anything about the Listening or Reading topics, but did a great job remembering the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart about sports players in one European country between 1985 and 2005. The sports were basketball, rugby, tennis and badminton.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that to have a successful life you have to have university education, while others think it’s not that important. Discuss both views and give your opinion based on personal experience and knowledge.
– Describe your house.
– What do you like about your house?
– Do you read books?
– What kind of books do you read?
– Do you give books as a gift to your friends? Why?
– Were you borrowing books from a library as a child?
– What books did you borrow?
Talk about a letter you have received lately. Please say
– Who sent it to you?
– Why did he/she send it?
– How did you feel when you read it?
– Why was this letter important to you?
– What do you prefer: letters or e-mails? Why?
– Do you think sending a formal letter by e-mail is better than via regular post? Why?
– What do you think about people who write letters to newspapers?