An IELTS test taker from the UK (thanks, S) shared the following topics and questions from a recent exam. The only thing S didn’t remember was the Listening test.
Passage 1. An article about a short story writer.
Passage 2. About controlled fires in Australia and how they affect small animals.
Passage 3. A text about homeless children in the UK.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart describing different age groups who travelled on cruise ships.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe all children should be taught together. Others say that they should be separated according to academic abilities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What do you like or dislike there?
– What is your favourite place in your home?
Talk about an item of clothing that you recently bought. Please say
– What is it?
– Where and when did you buy it?
– Do you like it? Why?
– Why do we need a uniform, such as police or ambulance workers’ uniform?
– What is the influence of traditions on clothing?
– On what occasion do you need different clothing?