Three of our students (thank you S, O and S!) reported the same IELTS exam in three counties: UAE, India and Qatar. Here is what they remembered:
Section 1. Lifeguard application form.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 2. Two students were planning a dissertation with their lecturer.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 3 words).
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. A flowchart showing how to deal with arguments between colleagues.
Passage 2. An airline was trying to redesign the interior of a double decked aircraft and done a survey to see passengers’ preferences.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend and ask to take care of your children while you are away on a business trip overseas. In your letter include
– What their likes and dislikes in food are.
– What activities they like the most.
– Suggest an arrangement for you to pick them up after the trip.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Doctors say that many people have health problems due to lack of physical activity. What is your opinion on this issue? What might be the reasons for this? What are the ways to improve the situation?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like the transportation system in your country?
– What would you suggest to improve it?
Cue Card 1
Talk about someone whom you know as a very polite person. Please say
– How did you meet him/her?
– Why do you think this person is so polite?
– Do you enjoy spending time with him/her?
– Are you a polite person?
– What mode of transport do you prefer?
Cue Card 2
Describe a time when you had missed something important. Please say
– Where and when was it?
– What could have been done to avoid it?
– How did you feel about it later?