Thanks to the IELTS test taker R from the Philippines we can share the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently visited a tourist attraction and were very pleased by the help given to you by the staff. Write a letter to the staff manager and say
– Give details of your visit.
– Describe how the staff helped you.
– What do you want the manager to do?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many historic places and buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What do you think are the reasons? What can be done about it? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Why did you choose this subject?
– Do you like walking in a park?
– Is there a park close to your home?
– How often do you walk there?
Describe a situation when you helped someone. Please say
– Whom did you help?
– When and where was it?
– How did you feel about it later?
– Did you ever receive help from anyone?
– Is it common in your culture to help others?