Our friend A from the Philippines remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the number of visits to 3 areas of a certain European country from 1987 to 2007. We had to summarise and describe the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays the use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter and so on is becoming more popular than one-on-one conversations in person. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like art?
– What kind of art do you prefer?
Describe any work of art, such as a sculpture, painting, installation that you like. Please say
– What is it?
– Where and when did you see it?
– Why do you like it?
– Do you think other people like it too?
– What is the difference between a work of art and a simple production object?
– Do you agree that artists are not compensated enough most of the time?
– Do you think the government must fund artists? Why?