Our friend C took the IELTS test in the Philippines and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing four different cell phone providers. We had to describe and compare similarities of costs from January to October 2012.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that the government should invest money in arts and cultural events, while others believe that the government should spend money on more important things. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– How far is your home from here?
– How long have you been living there?
– Describe your hometown.
– What is so special about it?
– Do you use a dictionary?
– What is better, an online or a paperback dictionary?
– Why is that?
– How would you feel if someone gave you a dictionary as a gift?
Describe an important event in your life that you have recently celebrated. Please say
– What was it?
– Who was celebrating it with you?
– How did you celebrate it?
– What is needed for an event to be successful?
– Do you like big or small celebrations? Why?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of big events?
– Why do you think so?