IELTS exam in the Philippines was shared by our kind friends D and B, who remembered the following:
Section 1. A conversation between an engineer looking for accommodation for 3 months and a real estate agent.
Section 2. Preferred Location.
Section 3. How to write history of a village.
Section 4. How professional football evolved and about its origin in the 19th century.
Passage 1. Conceptualization of Shower Power bathroom cleaner and how it became a popular household brand.
Passage 2. Case won by Mrs. Carlile against makers of carbolic ball company, that a contract said to be one-sided (i.e. advertisement) is legal and binding.
Passage 3. Four personalities (sanguine, melancholic, etc) by Hippocrates as a useful tool for a company’s team building.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
A bar graph about users and non-users of internet in Queensland, Australia in 2001. The bar graph was comparing the number of internet users to non-internet users, according to age brackets 0-9, 10-19, 20-39, 40-50, 50-59, 60+.
Some people believe that recent increases in cheap air travel have many benefits. However, others believe that it has some drawbacks for the environment and the world’s resources. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– State your full name.
– Do you work or study?
– What training is required for your work?
– Do you like reading?
– When do you usually read and where?
– Did you eat fruits and vegetables when you were little?
– What is the importance of eating fruits and vegetables?
Talk about an exciting sport that you like, please say
– What is it?
– Why is it popular?
– Is it easy to do this kind of sport?
– What makes it exciting?
– Why do you think people get engaged in risky sports?
– If you were a mother/father, what advice would you give to your children who want to get involved in risky sports?
– Why do professional athletes nowadays get high salaries, compared to doctors and other professions?