The topics and questions below were shared by P who recently took the IELTS test in Thailand:
Section 1. A phone call regarding car rental.
Section 2. About local attractions in and around a national park.
Section 3. Students discussed their work methods with a teacher.
Section 4. About soil improvement techniques.
Passage 1. Classification and characteristics of wild animals.
Passage 2. Psychological experiment and the theory about social development of children.
Passage 3. About some famous people who built an amazing botanical garden.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the process of canned fruit production. We had to describe all the stages on the diagram.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays scientists and tourists can travel to remote natural environments such as the South Pole. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of this development?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you think about tourists in your city?
– How often do they come to your city?
– What would you recommend tourists to do in your city?
– Do you watch any TV programs?
– Do you like watching TV? Why?
– Did you watch TV when you were young?
– Do you think children today watch too much TV? Why?
Describe a friend who is also a good leader. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– When did you meet him/her?
– Describe his/her personality.
– Why do you think he/she is a good leader?
– Who should be the leader in a family?
– In your culture, who is the leader in a family?
– Who should make a decision when there are some difficulties?
– Are there some decisions that can be made by women or men better?
– What is the personality of a good leader in a workplace?
– Do you agree that the leader in a workplace should make decisions for the employees?