Our kind friend I.L. took IELTS in Taiwan very recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The graphs below show how often people exercised in Europe in 2016, by age group and gender.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these are not the actual graphs that were given in the test, they were recreated for demonstration purposes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the best way to solve environmental problems is to increase the price of fuel. Do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Tell me about where you live.
– What is the weather like in your city?
– Do you like the city you live in? Why/why not?
– Why do you like the place where you live?
– What do you usually do in the evening?
– How often do you use social media? Why?
– Do you help with some house chores? What kind of chores?
– What is your least favourite type of housework? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a friend from your childhood. You should say
– who this person is
– when you met
– what you did together
– and explain why this person was important to you.
Follow-up question: Do you still meet with your childhood friend now? Why/why not?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Let’s talk about friendship.
– What are the benefits of having a childhood friend?
– Do you think is it important to keep childhood friends?
– What do you think is better for teenagers, to connect with friends online or to meet in person?
– Why do people lose their childhood friends?