Our friend H took the IELTS test in Sydney, Australia and remembered the following questions from his exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing the percentage of household waste recycled in 1992 and 2002. There were items such as paper, plastic, aluminum cans and so on.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some teachers think that international student exchange would be beneficial for all teenage school students. Do you think its advantages will outweigh the disadvantages?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What kind of work do you do?
– What do you like about your work?
– Do you think it’s an important job?
– What is more important, the people you work with or the job itself?
Describe a person that you know who dresses exceptionally well. Please say
– Who is this person?
– What does he/she do for a living?
– Why do you think his/her style is very good?
– What is a famous shopping centre in your country?
– Are the prices there set, or can you bargain?
– Do people shop mostly in shopping malls or markets?
– What is the difference between an online and actual shop?
– Do you like to shop online?
– Why do young people want to wear nice clothes?
– Do you think young people like fashion more than older people? Why?
– Some people care about fashion and others don’t. Why is it so?