Our friend N recently took the IELTS test in Sydney, Australia, and remembered the following details:
Section 1. A drama teacher and a parent were having a discussion.
Section 2. A lecturer talked with students about their research. Advantages and disadvantages of the research were discussed.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. About the history of the pen and its development.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently met a couple who will be visiting your town. Write a letter to them and say
– Suggest what to bring
– Recommend where they should stay
– What places they should visit
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many nations like to host international sporting events, but people are against it. Describe both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you think your job is hard?
– Why do you think so?
– Do you play any musical instruments?
– Why / Why not?
– Do you have one friend or lots of friends?
– Why is it so?
Describe your neighbour. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– Where did you meet?
– Do you meet often?
– How is the neighbourhood in your home country?
– Is it difficult to get along with neighbours in city areas?
– What can be done if your neighbours are loud and noisy?