General Training IELTS exam in was shared by our friend A from Australia (thank you!), here is what he remembered:
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
Your company has sent you to an English-speaking country to do a course. You have finished it and got a certificate, which unfortunately you have lost. Write a letter to the college principal to request a duplicate certificate, in that letter include
– an explanation of how you lost the certificate,
– tell them why the certificate is important to you, and
– what you want them to do.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In some countries people are strongly influenced by fashion, such as clothing or hairstyle. What in your opinion attracts people to fashion? Is this a positive or a negative development?
– Please tell me your full name.
– Where are you from?
– What place do you recommend people to visit in your town?
– Is your town a good place?
– Did you learn how to cook in your childhood?
– Do you prefer ready-to-eat food or self-prepared food?
Talk about a TV program that you watched and didn’t enjoy, please say
– when you watched it,
– what the program was,
– why you didn’t like it.
– What type of TV programs is famous in your country?
– Have TV programs these days changed compared to the past?
– Are TV stars highly paid?
– What qualities make TV stars famous?
– Should educational programs be broadcast on TV?