Our friend P. shared the following IELTS test questions after a recent exam in Sri Lanka:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have participated in a party at your friend’s home last week. You may have forgotten your watch there. Write a letter to your friend and say
– Thank him/her for the party.
– Ask to look for the watch.
– Suggest what he/she should do about it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that young people should follow older generation’s example. Others, however, disagree and believe that it’s good to challenge older people’s opinions and thoughts. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like it?
– What do you think about your voice?
– Are there similarities between your voice and your family members’?
– Do you like to listen to your recorded voice?
– Why is that?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a place where you like to read or write, which is not at your house. Please say
– What is the place?
– How frequently do you visit it?
– Why do you like it?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– When did you discover this place?
– Did you tell your friends about it?
– What places are more popular for reading in your country?
– What factors should you consider when selecting such a place?
– Is reading a good habit for children?
– Why do you think so?
– What are the benefits of reading?