An IELTS test taker from Singapore (thanks, T!) remembered the Writing and Speaking questions below:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing the average time spent per day on five different household activities by males and females in the UK in 2008. There was also a table comparing the average time spent a day on three leisure activities by both genders.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not the local people. Why is this so? What could be done to encourage more local visitors? Please include relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you think your job is easy?
– Why is it so?
– Do you watch TV programs?
– What is your favorite?
– Did you watch more TV as a child?
– What kind of programs were you watching?
– Do you think TV is good for children? Why?
– Do you think children these days watch TV more often than in the past?
Describe a place near water that you have visited recently. Please say
– Where and when was it?
– What did you do there?
– How did you feel after that?
– Do you think water is important for people? Why?
– Is there a difference in water consumption in urban and rural areas?
– Is there a problem of fresh water supply in your country?
– What do you think about the demand for water in the future?
– Is it possible to reduce this demand? How?