Our friend A. recently took the IELTS test in Sharjah, UAE, and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
You need a book and you didn’t find it in the library. Write a letter to a bookshop manager and say
– Describe the book.
– Why do you need it?
– How will you pay for it?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that adults get motivated to exercise and play sports because of the major sports events on TV such as the Olympic Games and Football World Cup. Others say that there are many ways apart from TV to encourage them to exercise. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Where do you live?
– Do you like the place you live in?
– What are its disadvantages?
– Are you planning to move to another place? Why?
– Let’s speak about voices. Is there any difference between your voice now and when you were a child?
– Let’s speak about friendship. Why do you think friendship is important?
– Do you have friends?
– Are they living close to you?
– Do you consider yourself a good friend?
– Do you remember your childhood friends?
– Are you still in touch with them ?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about an occasion when you lost something. Please say
– what the occasion was and what you lost,
– how you lost it,
– how you found it,
– and say how you felt when you got it back.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do people always forget things?
– How can people avoid forgetting things?
– What is the best action to take if you find something?
– In our modern world people tend to forget their culture. What are the reasons for that?
– In all civilizations, theater plays and movies about finding treasure or gold have always been popular. Why?