Thanks to IELTS test takers M and A from Saudi Arabia and Vietnam for this exam update:
Section 1. Enquiry about rental properties.
Section 2. Information about recreational activities for children offered by a club.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A survey on researches.
Passage 1. About a store that sells a variety of products on the floor and online. Recent trends in shopping and so on.
Passage 2. The relation between the size of the human brain and evolution of language dating back millions of years.
Passage 3. About an effort to restore population of rare species of birds in the UK, known as bittern.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given three maps illustrating changes of the Stapleford village, in two centuries, from 1800 to 2000. Maps showed farm lands, road to London and York, railway track to Leeds, a factory, motorway, residential area and a business area.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some companies are closing their offices one day per week to save energy (gas, electricity). What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What time of the day is the best for work, in your opinion?
– Do you think technology has helped people to become introverts?
– Do you want to change your mobile phone?
– Compare traits of personalities in the past and now.
– How will this situation change in the future?
Talk about an interesting person that you have met recently. Please say
– Who is this person?
– How did you meet with him/her?
– Why do you think he/she is interesting?
– What do you think about making friends on Facebook?
– Does a list of 500 friends make sense to you?
– Does Facebook change the meaning of friendship?
– What is a true friendship in your opinion?