Below are the Writing and Speaking sections shared by J, who recently took the IELTS test in Saudi Arabia:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar graph showing percentages of students involved in full time studies in 5 different countries.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays a growing throw-away culture causes people to throw away their goods and replace them with new, latest technology ones available on the market. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this culture for our society.
– Can you tell me your full name?
– Can I check your ID, please?
– What city are you from?
– Where are you living at the moment?
– What is it you like or dislike about this place?
– Do you want to change your current residence?
– Do you know how to swim?
– Do you like swimming or not? Why?
– Would you prefer to swim in the ocean or a swimming pool?
– Should children learn how to swim? Why?
– What does weather and its seasons in your country look like?
– Do you like this kind of weather or not?
Talk about your favorite song. Please say:
– Where did you hear it for the first time?
– Why do you like the song?
– Does it remind you of a special moment?
– Do your friends enjoy this song as well?
– Is there any difference in liking music at young and older age?
– Name different occasions when you sing songs in your country.
– Do other people also participate in singing in parties?
– Why is it important to participate in singing?
– What kind of music do you suggest for children?