Our friend M took the IELTS test in Qatar and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently travelled with a certain airline. Write a letter to the manager about your experience. Please say
– Where and when did you travel?
– What did you like or dislike?
– What can you suggest for improvement?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Can you describe your job?
– Do you feel exhausted at the end of the day?
– Let’s talk about friendship.
– What do you prefer, one best friend or a lot of friends?
– Do you have many friends?
– What do you usually do with your friends?
– What is one thing you wouldn’t forget to bring when you go out? Why?
– What do you usually forget to bring when you go out? Why?
– What do you carry during the day that you don’t need at night when you go out?
– What can you say about the changes in family life in your country recently?
– Is technology affecting family lifestyle?
– In what way?
– What is the importance of extended family?
Talk about two people from the same family that you know well. Please say
– Who are they?
– How are they related?
– What are the similarities between them?
– Do you have a big family?
– Who is your favourite person in your family?
– Why is that?