Our friend V from Qatar remembered the following topics and questions from his recent IELTS test:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You worked for a company abroad, but had to quit suddenly and return to your hometown. Write a letter to your colleagues to say goodbye. In you letter
– Explain why you had to leave.
– Apologize for not saying goodbye properly.
– Why would you miss them?
Doctors in many countries say that people do not do enough physical exercises. What are the causes of this trend? How can the situation be improved?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– What do you like about the place where you live?
– Do you have friends in your neighbourhood?
– Do you like paintings?
– What sort of paintings do you like?
– Did you learn to draw?
– Would you like to get a portrait of yourself?
– Do you have paintings at your home?
– How important is it to have paintings in your house?
– Do you wear sunglasses? Why?
– Would you buy expensive sunglasses for yourself?
– Did you lose sunglasses in the past?
– Would you gift sunglasses to somebody?
Describe a place where you like to study the most. Please say
– Where is it?
– What does the place look like?
– Why do you like to study there?
Follow up question: Does anyone else use the same place to study?
– What techniques do you use for study?
– Are classroom studies better than online or the opposite is true?
– What is your opinion about group study?
– What are its advantages and disadvantages?
– How can you overcome these disadvantages?
– Should you vary your techniques while studying the same subject?
– What is more important, academic qualifications or practical experience?