IELTS exam in Portugal was remembered by our friend V (thank you!), who says that IELTS-Blog was very helpful in his exam preparation, which is why V wanted to make his contribution.
Section 1. A man calling a train station reporting a lost jacket.
Section 2. A conversation between a first-year student and a third year-student about their course and study methods.
Sections 3 and 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About ancient Asian chariots.
Passage 2. About science in sports: how elite athletes benefit from the latest research on sports physiology, bio mechanics and applied psychology.
Passage 3. About a program for improving communication skills in engineers.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
There was a chart showing the percentage of shares in World Trade comparing Asia, Europe and the rest of the world between the years 1880 and 2000.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people think it’s the government’s responsibility to ensure a country has a healthy lifestyle. Others believe it’s up to individuals to ensure a healthy lifestyle. Discuss and state your opinion. Include relevant examples from your country.
Note: this section was identical to the exam in France.
– What’s you name?
– Where do you come from?
– What do you do for a living?
– What else would you like to do, if you had to pursue another career?
– Do you enjoy movies?
– Tell me about a movie you liked.
Talk about your favorite meal, please say
– what you like about that dish,
– describe a special occasion when you had that meal,
– who was eating with you,
– why was it so important to you.
– Do you think traditional food is important in you country/region? Why?
– Do you think people are eating healthy these days? Please give me some examples.
– What changes you believe will occur in our nutrition and food industry in the future?