S took the IELTS test in Pakistan and below are the Writing and Speaking questions she remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your manager about a party that you want to organize at the office. In your letter say
– Why do you want to do it?
– When and where will it take place?
– What arrangements will you have to make?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays the amounts of rubbish are constantly increasing in many countries of the world. Why is it happening? How can it be controlled and eventually reduced?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What made you choose this profession?
– Let’s talk about food.
– Do you like international cuisines?
– What international food do you like?
– Are there many international food restaurants in your country?
– Are there more such restaurants now than in the past? Why?
– What international food did you enjoy recently?
– Do you think there will be more international cuisines available in the near future?
Talk about an item of clothing you wore that was different from your normal clothes. Please say
– What was it?
– When and where did you wear it?
– What was so special about it?
– What was the occasion?
– What did others say about it?
– Do you have a picture of you wearing those clothes?
– Why do you think people like to dress formally?
– Do people dress more formally now than in the past in your country?
– Is it good to dress formally?
– There are so many clothing brands nowadays, why is it so?
– Can you guess a person’s profession by their clothing?