Our lovely friend M. recently took IELTS in Nigeria and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The diagrams below show the layout of the town’s shopping centre at present and after a future redevelopment.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual plans given in the test, they were recreated for demonstration purposes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that parents should choose the degree or the major for their child to study at university. Others feel that children should be able to choose their own degree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you write a lot?
– Do you like writing?
– What do you mostly write?
– Do you think your writing will change in the future?
– What name would you like to give your child, and why?
– Do people in your family have the same name as you?
– What’s the meaning of your name?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person who dresses very well. You should say
– who he/she is
– what he/she does
– what type of clothes he/she wears
– and explain why you like the way he/she dresses.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you prefer buying clothes online or in store?
– Do you think online shopping will obliterate in-store shopping?
– What is the difference between how men and women dress?
– What would the world be like if everyone dressed the same?