Our friend R took the IELTS test in New Zealand, and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions as follows:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A local newspaper has conducted a competition recently to find a person who contributed the most to the society. Write a letter to the editor with a recommendation for a suitable person. You should say
– Who is that person?
– What is his/her contribution?
– How did you meet him/her?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people have adopted an unhealthy lifestyle. Why do think this is? How could this problem be solved?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like it?
– Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
– Are you reading a book presently?
Talk about your friend who has learned a foreign language. Please say
– Where and when did he/she study it?
– How good is he/she?
– What kind of problems did he/she face?
– How does he/she feel about it?
– Do you think it is helpful to know a second language?
– What other language would you like to learn? Why?