Two IELTS test takers from New Zealand (thanks, S and N!) remembered the Writing and Speaking questions from their recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend would like to visit your hometown. Write a letter to him/her and say
– What is the best time of the year to visit your hometown?
– Suggest some places to visit in your town.
– Invite your friend to meet your family.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays media is paying a lot of attention to life stories of famous people in fields such as cinema, sports and modeling. What are the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Can you describe your day at work?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Describe your home.
– What is your favorite room or place there?
Talk about a family that you know and like. Please say
– Describe this family.
– When and how did you meet them?
– Why do you like this family?
– What is more important, friends or family in your opinion? Why?
– Do you prefer to spend your time with family or friends?