An IELTS test taker from New Zealand (thanks T!) remembered the following details about a recent exam there:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A friend who is living overseas should visit you soon and would love to stay at your place. Write a letter and explain
– Why cannot he/she stay at your place this time?
– Suggest an alternative arrangement.
– Invite him/her to stay in the future.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that school studies are not useful and most important things are learnt outside the school. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is the most used kind of transport in your country? Why?
– What needs to be done to encourage people to use public transport?
– Does your job require concentration and attention to detail?
– How do you concentrate, when you need to?
Describe an event where it was very crowded. Please say
– What event was it?
– Why did you attend it?
– How did you feel at the event?
– What do you think about traveling in groups?
– What are the advantages or disadvantages of such a trip?
– Who do you think travels in groups more: younger or older people?