Three IELTS test takers from Nepal, Saudi Arabia and the UK said their exams were the same. Here are the Writing and Speaking questions they remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
There is a bad road in your locality. Write a letter to the council telling about the problem with the road. In your letter
– introduce yourself,
– explain what and where the problem is,
– suggest what the council should do about it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that competition helps children to be better prepared for their future, while others say that competition can be harmful for children and should be limited to adults. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
Talk about a city that you have visited recently. Please say
– What and where is the city?
– Why did you go there?
– What did you like or dislike about it?
– Do you like travelling?
– Do you prefer to do it yourself or with friends?
– What is your favourite destination?