Our friend P took the IELTS test in Nepal and remembered the following Reading passage topics along with some Writing and Speaking questions:
Passage 1. About a study on dinosaurs.
Passage 2. About food facilities in a school.
Passage 3. Theories about people working in a group.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a chart describing the percentages of people who had 5 serves of fruit and vegetables per day, in the UK from 2001 to 2008.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the government should take care of old people and provide financial support after they retire. Others say individuals should save during their working years to fund their own retirement. What is your opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like cooking?
– Do you like to eat home made food or do you prefer to eat out?
– When was the last time you had some home made food?
– Do you drink a lot of water?
– Do you prefer to drink bottled or tap water?
Describe a person you know who is beautiful in your opinion. Please say
– Who the person is
– What he/she looks like
– Why you think he/she is beautiful
– How you feel about him/her
– Do you think beauty is important in our society?
– Is it good that people give so much importance to beauty?
– Can people who aren’t attractive be as successful as beautiful people?
– Are clothes important to a person’s success?
– Are fashion shows really necessary?