When K took the IELTS test in Minsk, Belarus she was asked the following questions in the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You’re moving out of your rental apartment. Write a letter to your neighbour to say goodbye. In your letter say
– When and where do you move?
– Why do you move out?
– How do you feel about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people use different machines and devices to do housework. Do you see it continuing as a trend? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Describe the apartment and the area where you live.
– What housework do you have to do on a daily basis?
– What housework did you have to do in your childhood?
– Why is it important to teach children to do housework?
– What do you usually carry in your bag?
– Does it depend on where you go?
Talk about your next holiday. Please say
– Where would you like to spend it? Why?
– When do you plan to go on holidays?
– Who would you go with?
– Why do you think tourism can be harmful?
– Will the level of tourism grow or reduce in the future, in your opinion?
– How does tourism affect different cultures?
– What should people do before going to a foreign country?