When K took the IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia the topics and questions were as follows:
Section 1. About a home builder.
Section 2. A description of a resort map.
Section 3. A discussion between a student and her professor about the subject she studies.
Section 4. About a hospital and how its services can be improved.
Passage 1. About employees’ training process and how their skills will be improved.
Passage 2, 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. About Nessie the Loch Ness Monster.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
There is a plan to build a supermarket close to the local library. You think it shouldn’t be there. Write a letter to your local council and say
– why the supermarket shouldn’t be built there
– describe the disadvantage of this plan
– suggest an alternative location for the supermarket.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that both travelers and business people must have the same attitude to local people and the traditions of countries they visit. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Did you like your home where you lived as a child?
– Do you like your current apartment?
– Describe a live concert that you attended.
– Do you like live music?
– Do you prefer to listen to live music or CDs? Why?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking photos with a smartphone?
Talk about a picture that you have at home. Please say
– Describe the picture.
– Why do you like it?
– When and where did you get it?
– Where is it in your home?
– Do you think kids should learn how to draw a picture?
– Do you think adults should learn it too? Why?