The following topics and questions were shared by G after his IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia:
Section 1. A lady who was moving house needed a storage room.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Section 2. Two students were talking with a supervisor about their research of products and advertising.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 3. A lecture about IQ.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 1. About human evolution.
Questions: True/False/Not Given, match statements to paragraphs.
Passage 2. A science article about the nervous system, including sensory nerves and so on.
Questions: filling in blanks, match headings to paragraphs.
Passage 3. An article about global warming.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given, match statements to people.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing the amounts spent in Euro in five countries between 1990 and 2005.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that looking after our health is a duty to the society we live in rather than a personal need. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like it?
– Will you live there in the future?
– Let’s talk about mirrors.
– Do you have a mirror at home?
– Do you watch yourself in the mirror? Why?
– Would you buy a piece of clothing without checking what it looks like in the mirror?
– Do you think it’s nice to have mirrors in a house?
Describe an event that you had to wait for it. Please say
– What was the event?
– Why did you have to wait for it?
– What did you do while waiting?
– Let’s talk about patience.
– What do you think about patience?
– Do we have to wait more or less for things to happen nowadays?
– Does patience reflect on society?