IELTS exam in Melbourne, Australia was shared by our kind friend R, who found IELTS-Blog helpful in his exam preparation.
R said: “Thank you very much for the help I received through your blog. It was rewarding and I achieved Band 8.”
Passage 1. Tourism.
Passage 2. Pen technology.
Passage 3. Airport quarantine.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a restaurant manager complaining about the food and the service during your recent visit when you dined in with your family on a special occasion. In your letter:
– Describe the problems that you had,
– Say what were the consequences of these problems,
– Specify an action you would like the manager to take.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that school children need to learn practical skills such as car maintenance or bank account management along with the academic subjects at school, others disagree. Discuss, what is your opinion?
– What is your name?
– Where are you from?
– What is the typical climate like in your hometown?
– Which season do you like? Why?
– Where do you live?
– Why do you like to live there?
– Would you recommend it to your friends?
Describe a shop you like, please say
– why you like this shop,
– what they sell,
– how you came to know about it,
– whether you would recommend it to your friends.
– Do you like fashion?
– What do you like to wear?
– Do you watch news and weather reports on TV?
– Do you think fashion changes with the weather?
– What are the differences in men’s and women’s shopping?
– What do you think technology is holding for shopping in future?