When T took the IELTS test in Malaysia, the following Writing and Speaking questions were asked:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing the percentage of GDP spent on the health sector in five different countries.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries an academic degree from a university is preferred to vocational training. Nevertheless, we should educate more people using vocational training. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Talk about your home as a child.
– What do you like the most in your home now?
– What are the favourite sports in your country? Why?
– Do you like to watch sports live or on TV? Why?
– What sports have you watched recently?
– What new sports would you like to learn? Why?
Talk about a photo or a picture that you like the most at home. Please say
– Why do you like it?
– When was it taken?
– Why is it important to you?
– Lets talk about SMS (text messages) and missed calls.
– Do you prefer sending an SMS or talking to people?
– Do you leave a message if your call is not answered?
– How often do you talk to your friends?
– Lets talk about photography.
– Is it only a satisfying and well paid job?
– What is your opinion on people that like taking pictures of everything?
– On what occasions do you take photos?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a camera in your mobile phone?