An IELTS test taker from Malaysia (thanks, S!) shared the following topics and questions.
Update: we heard from a test taker from Singapore that his exam was the same.
Section 1. A conversation between a job-seeker and a company representative about a fruit picking job.
Section 2. A conversation between two students who were discussing next semester’s subjects.
Section 3. An introduction of different language teachers in a particular language institute.
Section 4. A monologue by a professor who was speaking about pros and cons of living in urban and countryside areas.
Passage 1. A summary of various types of tourist destinations and deals provided by different companies.
Passage 2. About different types of holiday leaves including terms and conditions in a company.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. A research done by a professor related to agriculture.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have bought a ticket for a live concert, but cannot attend it. So you decided to offer the ticket a friend. Write a letter to him/her and say
– Give details about a concert.
– Explain why you wouldn’t be able to attend the concert.
– Suggest how your friend will receive the ticket.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays the amount of garbage we produce is increasing and it becomes a global problem. Please say
– What are the reasons behind this?
– What can be done to solve this problem?
– Who should take more responsibility, companies or individuals?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you find your work interesting? Why?
– Let’s talk about sleep.
– How many hours of sleep do you need?
– Did you sleep more or less hours when you were young?
– Is it necessary to have a nap after lunch? Why?
– Is reading books important before going to sleep?
– What is the best time for reading? Why?
– What is the best place for reading?
– What do you like to read? Why?
Describe a famous person whom you like. Please say
– Who is this person?
– What is he/she famous for?
– Why do you like this person?
– Would you like to be famous? Why?
– What kinds of people become famous in your country?
– What are the good things about being famous?
– What are the disadvantages?
– Why do you think people are interested in lives of celebrities?
– Do you think that the children of famous people have an easy life?