The following update was sent by our kind friend H who took his IELTS exam in Malaysia. Unfortunately, H didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading topics, but did a great job with Writing and Speaking:
Writing Task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the number of CDs that were purchased at three different locations: in a supermarket, in a music store and on the internet. The task was to write a report that describes the trends of CD purchases based on the graph provided.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that the role of women in the military or police forces is very relevant and becoming more significant. Others argue the opposite. Do you agree or disagree? What is your opinion?
– What is your full name?
– What should I call you?
– Can I see your ID?
– Are you currently working or studying?
– What are your responsibilities at work?
– Do you enjoy doing your current job? Why?
– Are there any numbers that are meaningful to you? Why?
– Which is harder to remember, a set of numbers or your friends’ names? Why?
– What kind of numbers do you have to remember?
– How do people nowadays remember phone numbers or their friends’ names?
– Do you like flowers?
– Why do you like / dislike flowers?
– In your country, when do people give flowers to others?
– Is there any festival in your country involving the use of flowers?
Talk about yourself trying to have a healthy lifestyle. Please say
– What prevents you from having a healthy lifestyle?
– What are the disadvantages of not having a healthy lifestyle?
– What can you do in order to improve your lifestyle?
– Is it hard to live in a healthy environment nowadays?
– Do you think most people in your country have a healthy lifestyle?
– How do you think we can influence others to have a healthy lifestyle?
– Who should be responsible for that?
– In 10 years, do you think people in your country will lead a healthier life?
– Will there be any improvements or significant changes to their lifestyle during that time?