IELTS test in Malaysia was shared by our friend R., and thanks to his great memory we know all of the following details:
Section 1. A woman was talking to a guy, doing a survey, she asked for:
– some questions about the city he lives in.
Section 2. 2 students were discussing their project. Very similar to the ‘Official IELTS Practice Material 2009, Listening Section 3’.
Section 3. A lecturer was talking about how she set up an Online Writing website to help her students.
Section 4. A woman was talking about a company that she belongs to.
Questions. Filling in the gaps job titles (e.g. engineer, scientists, accountants), what kind of benefits the employee gets. Similar to ‘Official IELTS Practice Material 2009, Listening Section 1’.
Passage 1. An article about the Olympic Games throughout the years. Technical stuff about the design or the Olympic Torch.
Questions. Completing the diagram of the torch.
Passage 3. An article about a study on compliance and non-compliance in children.
Questions. Complete the sentences by matching.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
A table on the population of the UK sorted by age groups in the years 1995 and 2005. It also showed the predicted population in 2015.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Technology progression has a negative impact on us. To what extent to you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What do you do? Work or study?
– Where’s your hometown?
– How is it there?
– Talk about your hometown.
– Where would you recommend a tourist to go to in your hometown?
– Do you know your neighbors?
– Is it important to know your neighbors?
– Tell me all in all about your neighbors.
– Talk about a TV show that you watched recently that you didn’t like, you should say:
– When was it?
– What happened in the show?
– Why didn’t you like it?
– Do you think celebrities’ salaries are too high?
– Do you think children are influenced by celebrities?
– Do they set a good example?