Thanks to three IELTS test takers from Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand we have this exam update to share:
Section 1. Garbage collection days and types of collected materials.
Section 2. Birds observation study and survey sheet.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A lecture about web courses, including the kind of courses, how and why to study them, and what the main obstacles of this approach can be.
Passage 1. Watkin Tench and the First Fleet voyage.
Passage 2. About amateur astronomers that converted info from Saturn and Moon to a better usable image.
Passage 3. Four people gave their opinions about Mozart’s music, including amateur and professional musicians.
Questions: match statements to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two maps of a city in 1950 and now. We had to describe the city changes based on the maps. The changes were related to more business district developments, sports areas available, and restaurants and bars available today.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Children can learn effectively from watching television, which is why it should be encouraged at school and at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Do you really enjoy this course?
Talk about an old friend that you met after a long time you haven’t seen each other. Please say
– Who is your friend?
– Describe your friendship with him/her.
– How long didn’t you see him/her for?
– What did you two talk about?
– Why is maintaining friendships good?
– Why do friendships come to an end sometimes?
– Do you enjoy meeting friends and new people?
– Why is it so important?
– Would you come to your classmates’ reunion after 10 years? Why?
– Is there a benefit to reunions?
– How can globalization help people with their friendship?
– Would you like to have friends in different parts of the world?